Compass Security Software Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:OT325: NSP - BLOOMFIELD, CT 212 WEST NEWBERRY RD, BLOOMFIELD, CT, 06002 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Compass Center of Excellence at the Otis Elevator Service Center is seeking a Software Engineer capable of interacting with local offices to analyze Compass security requirements, provide recommendations to local offices & customers; and provide technical support to 3rd party security vendors.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for reviewing and documenting security requirements for Otis’ Compass Destination Entry System.
- Implement Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) with Security Vendors. Distribute and track Compass security integration documents and simulation tools after NDA signed.
- Support 3rd party security vendors with questions on Compass security integration software development.
- Support simulation and software testing activities with the security vendors prior to deployment in customer buildings.
- Participate in meetings with customer and security installer to review and plan security requirements and options.
- Test security cards for installations using Compass fixtures with integrated readers.
- Work with existing card reader vendor on card reader issues and/or custom software.
- Provide on-site field support to troubleshoot Compass security integrations.
This position has a grade level range of L6 to L5. Actual grade and title are dependent upon the qualifications of the successful candidate.
Education / Certifications:
The successful candidate should have BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering; and/ or, a combination of education and 10 or more year’s relevant experience.
Experience / Qualifications:
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- Experience with TCP/IP, IPv4 networking. Knowledge of IPv6 a plus.
- Understanding of networking abstraction layers. TCP/IP network and OSI models.
- Connection versus connectionless protocols.
- Understanding other IP protocols, UDP, ARP, DHCP, BOOTP, etc.
- LAN, Ethernet standards and limitations
- MAC and IP Addressing, subnet mask, gateways
- Switching and routing, layer 2 and layer 3.
- IP routing, direct versus indirect delivery, routing tables and their contents, static and dynamic routing and routing protocols.
- Routing and Multicast protocols DVMRP, PIM, IGMP, STP, VRRP
- Understanding of Broadcast, Multicast, and directed messaging and protocols.
- Familiarization with packet stiffing programs such as Wireshark and Microsoft Network monitor.
- Understanding of multi-homed PC’s and configuration.
- Exposure to remote software, connections and protocols.
- Familiarization with Microsoft’s .NET software development environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms