Compass Technical Support Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:OT325: NSP - BLOOMFIELD, CT 212 WEST NEWBERRY RD, BLOOMFIELD, CT, 06002 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Compass Center of Excellence at the Otis Elevator Service Center is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to support Compass security integrations. Job responsibilities include interacting with Otis offices to analyze Compass security requirements, providing recommendations to local offices & customers; and providing technical support to 3rd party security vendors. Additional responsibilities include technical support and troubleshooting of Otis Panorama and eCall products.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for reviewing and documenting security requirements for Otis’ Compass Destination Entry System.
- Implement Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) with Security Vendors. Distribute and track Compass security integration documents and simulation tools after NDA signed.
- Support 3rd party security vendors with questions on Compass security integration software development.
- Support simulation and software testing activities with the security vendors prior to deployment in customer buildings.
- Participate in meetings with Otis sales representatives, project managers, customer and security installers to review and plan security requirements and options.
- Test security cards for installations using Compass fixtures with integrated readers.
- Work with existing card reader vendor on card reader issues and/or custom software.
- Provide remote support for troubleshooting Compass security integrations.
- Develop technical documentation
- Technical support and troubleshooting for Otis Panorama and Otis eCall products
*Education / Certifications
The successful candidate must possess a BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information technology, Electrical Engineering or related field; and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
*Experience / Qualifications
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- Experience with TCP/IP, IPv4 networking. Knowledge of IPv6 a plus
- Understanding of networking abstraction layers
- Awareness of other IP protocols, UDP, ARP, DHCP, BOOTP, etc.
- MAC and IP Addressing, subnet mask, gateways
- IP routing, routing tables and their contents, static and dynamic routing and routing protocols
- Understanding of switching and routing (layer 2 and layer 3), Broadcast, Multicast, and directed messaging and protocols
- Familiarization with packet stiffing programs such as Wireshark and Microsoft Network monitor
- Understanding of multi-homed PC’s and configuration
- A strong customer focus and collaborative approach
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarization with remote software, connections and protocols
- Knowledge of Modbus, Protobuf, BACnet and MQTT desirable
- Experience with elevator systems, access control systems or building management systems a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms