Electrical Engineering Technician
Country:United States of America
Location:OT325: NSP - BLOOMFIELD, CT 212 WEST NEWBERRY RD, BLOOMFIELD, CT, 06002 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis Service Center in Bloomfield CT is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and result oriented Electrical Engineering Technician to leverage technology in support of legacy and new Elevator control system electronics.
Day to day functions include but are not limited to:
- PCB: Procure components, organize BOM, assemble, stuff and fabricate PCB using solder past stencil, microscope, reflow oven and/or manual soldering for all aspects of prototype printed circuit board of mixed technology. Download software and firmware into target assembly, evaluate and test performance of PCB.
- Test Rig: Design and fabricate test circuit and test equipment for use during development and prototyping phase of various projects related to legacy and new Elevator system and sub-systems such as Drive , Door, Motion, Fixture and Operation Control.
- Obsolescence: Identify viable alternative for obsolete component, confirm functionality, including electrical, and mechanical parameters for compliance to established standards and criteria’s, document findings and archive result in Otis drawing database system
- Quality: Perform first article inspection on selected assemblies including documentation of results, interface with supply management and contract manufactures as required. Perform root-cause failure analysis on field returned assemblies, document and publish finding to engineering community at large to ensure product reliability in support of companywide ACE initiatives
- Manage engineering lab crib: organize annual calibration of engineering instrumentation and equipment, replenish all consumables
- SHOP support: Participate in maintenance and repair of a wide variety of test equipment, and simulators used in repair of electronics related to elevators, escalators, and other Otis Equipment.
Candidates should possess AS in Electrical Engineering or BS in Electrical Engineering Technology
Employee should have 2-4 years of proven relevant experience
- Strong Electrical and Mechanical Engineering aptitude
- Fluency with electrical engineering CAD tools
Hands on PCB fabrication and test process
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory instrument and test equipment, including hand tools
- Strong ability in organizing and executing small and large size multifaceted projects
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms