Associate Director, Project Management
Country:United States of America
Location:OT494: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
- Develop and deploy best practices for project management that include schedule management, risk management and resource management.
- Develop, deploy and manage program portfolio management tools that enable transparency at enterprise level for senior management as well as serve as a working platform for project managers
- Serve as a subject matter expert and coach PMs in tracking their projects accurately and ensuring accountability from contributors.
- Help to improve project manager competencies across worldwide engineering
- Assist in resolution of critical program issues that directly impact business metrics (quality, cost, delivery, etc.)
- Conduct and manage project reviews with senior management for critical programs
- Integrate and improve PM tools, processes, standard work, best practices, and lessons learned across the enterprise
- Create and deliver project manager training curriculum and help others with self-assessments to various skills matrices
- Administration and organization of the annual roadmap and financial planning activities
Accountability & measures:
- Project health metrics
- First pass yield on program planning activities
- Bureaucracy reduction
Basic Qualifications, Work Experience & Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years experience with managing complex projects, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ideally has experience with deploying project portfolio management tools across the enterprise
- Knowledge/experience with software development projects and/or agile development methods
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, and other Windows products
- Strong problem solving and planning skills,
- Demonstrated proficiency with both verbal and written communication skills. Communication experience with executive leadership.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment including ability to coach/develop others to achieve higher performance
- Strong conflict management/resolution skills
- This position requires the individual to be self-motivated, and have the ability to make decisions independently and perform effectively with little oversight.
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, Project Management or other related field required.
- Master's degree is preferred (i.e. Engineering and/or MBA)
- Preferred qualification: Project Management Professional (PMP®) training and/or certification from PMI
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms