Intern, Electrical Engineering
Country:United States of America
Location:OT494: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Otis Elevator division has a summer internship opportunity in the drives group for candidates interested in a career in Electrical Engineering. The internship experience offers interns an environment that provides practical, challenging, and meaningful on-the-job work experience, and the opportunity to apply knowledge and demonstrate strengths in efforts to assist Otis achieve its business strategy.
- Electrical Engineering interns will be given assignments that span the development of control system hardware, power supply design, elevator inverter drives, analog and digital circuit design, electromagnetic compliance, energy storage analysis and simulation and system level testing
- Actual assignments will be based on project priorities at the time of the internship, but every attempt will be made to select projects of mutual benefit
- Electrical Engineering students should preferably have completed courses in electronic circuit analysis, electronic measurement techniques, introduction to digital design and have a basic understanding of power electronics
*Education / Certifications
- Summer 2018 internship opportunities are available for full-time undergraduate and graduate students working toward a BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Completed Junior year preferred
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and 3.25 or better in major (out of 4.0)
- Must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and have working knowledge of all Microsoft Software applications
- Should be self-starters and be able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to communicate a clear understanding of their subject matter, work in cross-functional teams, respect individual differences and welcome diverse thinking, and offer informed suggestions to improve processes
- Experience with CAE tools (Cadence, LTspice and MATLAB), Programming Language (C/C++), and Hardware Definition Language (Verilog or VHDL)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.