Intern, Software Engineering
Country:United States of America
Location:OT494: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Internships at Otis are rewarding and challenging, providing you with the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop through meaningful projects that impact and drive our business. Our comprehensive internship program will allow you to gain hands-on experience and broaden your engineering, communication, and business acumen skills. You’ll be immersed in the Otis culture where we collaborate to best serve our customers; where we empower and inspire each other through support, autonomy and trust; and where we set big goals, rise to achieve them, and win as a team!
Our Engineering Interns are assigned progressively challenging projects that assist and support our business. The projects assigned are related to core functions that are customer focused, result-oriented, and performance driven which will require teamwork, research and problem-solving skills. Project may range from new product development, current product support, product cost optimization, test engineering, and/or lean streamlining of our factory product flow. Focus area includes: Software engineering.
These are full-time, paid summer internships, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement into entry-level, professional roles within the organization.
At Otis we are committed to attracting and growing world class talent and creating opportunities that will elevate your career. We are led by our vision and values, and we put people at the center of what we do every day. Over the last 160 years, we've built cities, transformed how people live and work, and created monumental works of art. But, most importantly, we've moved people; so join us in moving the world forward!
We are seeking a summer intern to:
- Support development of field engineering tools used to monitor and diagnose issues with the Compass dispatcher.
- Contribute to the development of a new field engineering tool, GCAT, Group Communications Analysis Tool.
- Modify and enhance the recently released Communications Acquisition Tool, CAT.
- Develop state model for CAN based group communication protocol.
- Develop state model for Serial based group communication protocol.
- Implement graphical representation of elevator group which supports stepping through transactions and replaying scenarios.
The minimal education requirement is junior status in a B.Sc. or BA in Computer Science or Software Engineering program.
- The candidate should have software development experience with more than one programming language.
- The candidate should understand and have been exposed to the Linux operating system.
- The candidate must have strong analytical and debugging skills.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.