Sr Engineer, Electrical
Country:United States of America
Location:OT494: 5FS - Farmington, CT 5 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
This position is for an Electrical Engineer in a product development setting with specific focus on the application of sensor technologies, connectivity, remote & local monitoring systems
In this position the engineer will provide technical solutions, design execution, and design for service and maintenance of electrical and electromechanical systems and components for elevators and escalators in support of key service initiatives. The engineer will be responsible for design solutions in all stages of development, from proof of concept to pilot to production working with global engineering centers and System Engineering organizations, country field service operations and R&D centers both within UTC and external engineering design service providers.
The engineer will select and determine the application of multiple types of sensors and technologies, monitoring & visual aids and failure analytics for diagnostics, preventative and Condition Based Maintenance methodologies and predictive prognostics for efficiency improvements in maintenance and repair and performance degradation and failure prevention
A hand’s on approach is expected for lab, test tower and field validation and verification of design solutions.
Must have strong communication and teaming skills. Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- The preferred candidate will have a background and deep understanding of current elevator controller software design on Remote Elevator Monitoring (REM), Elite and Remote Service diagnostics and fault management of REM data, alarms and alerts and sources of controller generated events.
- The preferred candidate will have an interest in prognostics of electrical sub-systems and components.
- Sound electrical engineering background
- Experience working with code agencies. i.e. CSA
- Experience working with suppliers/3rd parties
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of mechanical and software functions
- Strong communications and leadership ability
- Elevator systems knowledge
- Understanding of SMT PCB assembly and other manufacturing processes
U.S. Citizenship or permanent resident alien status required.
- Bachelor's degree with 4 to 7 years’ experience
- Master's degree with 2 to 5 years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.