Staff Engineer, Operations Research
Country:United States of America
Location:OT999: 1CP - Farmington, CT One Carrier Place, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
Otis is seeking an Operations Research Engineer who will actively participate in the international development of software components. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the development of optimization-based supervisory controls algorithms, as well as development of embedded, real-time software for the company’s elevator control systems.
- Proficiency in using and refining a Discrete-Event Simulation test environment for testing algorithms
- Proficiency in defining and validating software requirements
- Experience with the Model-Based Development (MBD) methodology and tools utilizing Rhapsody, Matlab/Simulink and other platforms
- The ability to use robust analysis and design methods and coding in C/C++/C#, Python and other tools
- Implementing design and preparation of product documentation
- Creating automated tests
- Advanced degree (master’s minimum) in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science or comparable field
- Deep background in Operations Research methodologies including optimization and simulation.
- Experience with algorithm development and computational methods
- The ability to using complex technical, mathematical and statistical methods, while also presenting results that can be easily understood
- Excellent team, interpersonal, analysis and presentation skills required to lead and manage projects, as well as work within varying levels of the organization
- A methodical and logical approach to work, as well as problem-solving abilities and confidence when working with data, resulting in sound decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Experience with algorithm and model development with applications in supervisory controls and/or service operations
- Experience in and knowledge of Model-Based Development (MBD) software engineering, preferably with embedded system applications
- Experience with commercially-available and publicly-available optimization libraries
- Experience with embedded software development and testing
- Experience with automated testing
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGenTM drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Position ID: OAK19ENFAP3
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms