Customer Service Staff Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Customer Service Staff Engineer
Otis is a part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC Building & Industrial Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Customer Service Staff Engineer works with Otis customers and internal technical resources to create contract specific data configurations to complete and transact incoming elevator parts orders across all product types, and across all product lines.
- Responsibilities include working with On-Site Mechanics, Construction Supervisors, Engineering, Manufacturing Personnel, and Cross Departmental Otis Employees to develop configured material parts lists, and on-floor sheets needed to complete elevator ordering configurations, on-time and without error.
- Interact directly with end-users on orders, and assist the Customer Service Representatives with any issues they may have with processing orders.
- Troubleshoot and assist in data resolution whenever issues arrise with configurations or software configuration tools and programs. Be able to interact and provide assistance to Tech Data and IT Support on issues related to current orders.
- Research the true root cause of all non-billable orders by making direct calls to the field, and reviewing Engineering drawings, Engineering configuration matrices, and configurator logic. Whenever possible recode orders to better reflect the true root cause of the issue, document the issue fully, and if needed work with Quality or Engineering on implementing a corrective actions.
- Identify newly developing ordering trends, report these issues to Quality and/or management, and if possible work with Quality and Engineering to develop long-term solutions to these issues. Attend related Quality Meetings and serve as a technical support on issues related to Department Orders.
- Collect and enter turnbacks for departmental quality purposes.
- Whenever possible, improve existing applications, looking for ways to better serve the customer and improve efficiency of order processing and fulfilment times. Submit improvement ideas to IT Support and attend related meetings to insure proper implementation.
Education / Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of previous experience; or
Master’s Degree and 5+ years of experience
Technical field of study preferred
Experience / Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Otis parts and materials across all current product lines
- Knowledge of Otis systems including eLogistics, PDM Link, JDE and Concept.
- Experience working with Bills of Material and/or specifying technical products
- Experience working with Technical Data Sheets, Engineering Drawings, On-Floor sheets, Layouts, and Bill of Materials
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent analytical thinking skills
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information
The ideal candidate also has
- An intricate knowledge of the elevator industry, and explicit knowledge of current Otis parts and product configurations
- Basic Autocad or E-3 experience
- Mainframe configuration and Chess experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.