Electrical Engineer - High Rise SupportBusiness Unit Otis Req ID 55046BR Date posted 10/10/2017 City Florence State South Carolina
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
This position will provide product support for a variety of elevator components and electrical systems. The position will play a crucial role in maintaining product integrity, evaluating opportunities, and integrating new component designs into existing systems, while working to meet agreed upon cost and schedule commitments.
The candidate should be able to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, mechanical assembly drawings, and building plans in order to analyze complex problems and identify root cause issues and develop innovative solutions. Ability to work across disciplines with mechanical engineers, software engineers, manufacturing personnel, and field personnel is required.
- Sound Electrical Engineering background including wiring diagrams, systems analysis, motor and control applications, and control logic
- Control System Logic and Power Electronics
- Ability to work with suppliers/3rd parties
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of mechanical and software functions
- ECAD tools (Cadence, E3, or others)
- Strong communications skills and leadership ability
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Master's degree with 0 to 2+ years’ experience
- Bachelor's degree with 0 to 5+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.