Electrical EngineerBusiness Unit Otis Req ID 55044BR Date posted 10/10/2017 City Florence State South Carolina
The UTC Re-Empower Program helps support talented and committed professionals as they rebuild their capabilities, enhance leadership skills, and continue their professional journey. Over the course of the 16-week program, experienced professionals will gain paid, on-the-job experience, have an opportunity to participate in sessions with leadership, develop personalized plans for success and receive coaching to guide their return to work experience. Upon completion of the program, based on performance, Re-Empower participants may have an opportunity to convert to a full-time role.
Cohort II of the UTC Re-Empower Program will run from March 12, 2018 – June 29, 2018.
- Currently be on a voluntary break of at least two years or more
- Have a minimum of five years of professional work experience
- Have an interest in returning to work in a full-time position
- Have an ability to attend the Re-Empower Program Orientation at UTC Headquarters in Farmington, CT on March 12 - 14, 2018
- Provide product support for a variety of electronic elevator components and electrical systems.
- Maintain product integrity, play a crucial role in new product development, evaluating change opportunities, and integrating new component designs into existing systems.
- Understand schematics and wiring diagrams, analyze complex problems to identify root cause and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to work across disciplines with mechanical engineers, software engineers, manufacturing personnel, and field personnel is required.
- Sound electrical engineering background (wiring diagrams, systems analysis, motor and control applications, and control logic)
- Experience working with code agencies, i.e. CSA
- Experience working with suppliers/3rd parties
- Experience in video and display technologies a plus
- ECAD tools (Cadence, E3, etc.)
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of mechanical and software functions
- Strong communications (English/Spanish a plus) and leadership ability
- Understanding of SMT PCB assembly and other manufacturing processes
- Bachelor's degree with 5 to 10+ years’ experience
- Master's degree with 3 to 5+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.