Electrical EngineerBusiness Unit Otis Req ID 55044BR Date posted 10/10/2017 City Florence State South Carolina
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
This position will provide product support for a variety of electronic elevator components and electrical systems. Additionally will include the development of new components and features. The position will play a crucial role in new product development, maintaining product integrity, evaluating change opportunities, and integrating new component designs into existing systems. Working to meet agreed upon cost and schedule commitments. The candidate should be able to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams, analyze complex problems to identify root cause and develop innovative solutions. Ability to work across disciplines with mechanical engineers, software engineers, manufacturing personnel, and field personnel is required.
- Sound electrical engineering background (wiring diagrams, systems analysis, motor and control applications, and control logic)
- Experience working with code agencies, i.e. CSA
- Experience working with suppliers/3rd parties
- Experience in video and display technologies a plus
- ECAD tools (Cadence, E3, etc.)
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of mechanical and software functions
- Strong communications (English/Spanish a plus) and leadership ability
- Elevator systems knowledge
- MS Office applications
- Understanding of SMT PCB assembly and other manufacturing processes
- Bachelor's degree with 5 to 10+ years’ experience
- Master's degree with 3 to 5+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.