Electrical Engineering Intern
Country:United States of America
Location:OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Summer 2019 (May-August)
This position will provide product support for a variety of electronic elevator components and electrical systems. The position will be a support role in maintaining product integrity, evaluating change opportunities, and integrating new component designs into existing systems. The candidate should be able to read and understand schematics and wiring diagrams, analyze complex problems to identify root cause and develop innovative solutions.
- Transformer supplier transition
- Perform assisted testing, prototyping and validation for transformer resource qualification project.
- Add fuse to power supply in MRL to project from accidental grounding
- Determine affected documents and confirm the change against a previously implemented change in MR.
- Create a circuit diagram including the fuse and any adjustments to the wiring diagram.
- Test the solution for functionality and safety.
- Finding root cause of fuse blow
- Investigate validity of the defect by communicating with the Field and recreating the problem in a test environment.
- Determine the root cause of the error
- Create a solution that safely prevents the fuse from blowing.
Education / Certifications
Candidates must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering and have completed their sophomore year. Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
Experience / Qualifications
- CAD tool knowledge
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Strong communications and leadership ability
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.