Engineering Project ManagerBusiness Unit Otis Req ID 55067BR Date posted 10/10/2017 City Florence State South Carolina
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented Project Management Leader to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation. This position is for a Project Management Leader for Electrical components, subsystems and systems. This person will lead the cross-functional integrated product development team responsible for making and delivering on all project commitments. This will include project schedule, budget, product cost targets and technical performance. This position covers definition and management of all activities from inception to successful factory and field implementation. Ability to work across disciplines with electrical engineers, software engineers, marketing, manufacturing, quality, supply chain and field personnel is required.
- Sound electrical engineering background
- 5 to 10+ years of Project Management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Previous experience leading cross-functional teams within a formal phase-gate process
- Experience working with code agencies
- Experience working with suppliers/3rd parties
- Experience with test and measurement equipment
- Understanding of software and Mechanical functions
- Strong communications (English/Spanish a plus) and leadership ability
- Elevator systems knowledge
- MS Office applications including MS Project
- BA/BS degree with 5 to 10+ years’ experience
- MA/MS degree with 3 to 5+ years’ experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.