Manager, Reliability and Codes
Country:United States of America
Location:OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Otis Elevator Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation, is one of the world's largest manufacturers and maintainers of people moving products, including elevators, escalators, shuttle systems and moving walkways. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.8 million elevators and escalators worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage the Reliability and Code engineers, the process, logistics, and the coordination with other departments in the organization to meet engineering and code requirements for Otis products.
- Responsible for hiring / training / development of Reliability and Code department personnel.
- Manage the (DFR) Design for Reliability and (DFI) Design for Installability requirements for new product introduction.
- Manage Reliability and Code priorities and projects, including planning, resources, coordinating with internal and external customers to insure compliance.
- Coordinate all code committee activity and provide regular updates to engineering regarding code changes, implementation, effectivity, and interpretations.
- Transition the Robust Design Leader (RD) & Critical to Engineering processes to the R&C team.
- Work with integrated product development teams to assist in strategic test planning with respect to what needs to be tested, how it will be tested and where to verify and validate the reliability, installibility, and serviceability of the finished products.
- Insure timely test results are reported to design teams, management, and quality review boards.
- Operate within facility and company safety policies and train / audit other employees.
- Perform component and system level troubleshooting and coordinate issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Manage the Field Turnback (FTB) process to determine safety, code, and business issues, their priorities, ISO risk analysis, and business cases to support resolution.
- Plan and implement new product performance and reliability tests.
- Manage the local installibility and serviceability evaluations of components prior to release.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing the data, reports and presentation of results in a timely manner for go/no-go decisions.
- Represent Reliability & Code engineering on the Product & Service Safety Committee.
Engineering degree or 10 years of reliability / quality experience managing the new product development and/or product change process Previous testing, analysis and reporting to meet company performance, engineering, quality requirements and national/international standards/codes are preferred. Candidate is required to have a sound understanding of quality and test engineering principles, basic mechanical design, and understand basic fabrication and assembly. Experience with Labview and Matlab software is desirable but not required. Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
Clear, concise communication abilities.
Process and safety oriented.
Works with sense of urgency.
Organized and efficient.
Self-confidence and facilitation skills.
Business travel estimated at 10%.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms