Senior Test Engineer
Country:United States of America
Location:OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Otis Elevator Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation, is one of the world's largest manufacturers and maintainers of people moving products, including elevators, escalators, shuttle systems and moving walkways. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.8 million elevators and escalators worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage testing projects, including test planning, resource planning, interfacing with internal and external suppliers for parts procurement/fabrication, data acquisition planning and operation, test data analysis and results reporting.
- Work with integrated product development teams to assist in strategic test planning with respect to what needs to be tested, how it will be tested and where.
- Report test results to design teams, management, and quality review boards.
- Understand facility and company safety policy and be prepared to train and audit other employees.
- Perform test facility, test fixture, and equipment installation safety audits.
- Perform component and system level troubleshooting and support issue resolution and root cause analysis.
- Plan and implement new product performance and reliability tests.
- Design and fabricate the fixtures for testing.
- Responsible for analyzing the test data, writing test reports and presenting test results.
Setup, calibration, and use of test instrumentation. Instrumentation includes, but not limited to, load cells, accelerometers, strain gages, and pressure transducers and the use of data acquisition systems collecting and analyzing the data.
Engineering degree required. Previous testing and analysis to meet company performance and quality requirements and/or national/international standards/codes is preferred. Candidate is required to have a sound understanding of engineering principles, basic mechanical design, and understand basic fabrication and assembly. Experience with Labview and Matlab software is desirable but not required. Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required.
Clear, concise communication abilities
- Process oriented
- Self-confidence assertiveness
- Facilitation skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.