Test Technician - Engineering
Country:United States of America
Location:OT541: TFP - Florence, SC 1500 Otis Way, Florence, SC, 29501 USA
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Area of Expertise:
Elevator maintenance, troubleshooting, analysis, repair, modification, and testing to the Engineering, Quality, Production, and Field Service organizations desired. General mechanical skills (tools, meters, wiring diagrams, blueprints, etc.) for troubleshooting and repair of complex systems required.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
- Mechanical systems installations and removals.
- Test fixture design & fabrication
- Prototype system installations and modifications in the test tower
- Working in elevated areas and in enclosed spaces
- Technical Support Services and Technical Standards
- Support tool facility
- Office and desktop procedures
Level of Responsibility:
- Performs substantially varied and complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Perform tasks to support testing, operation, maintenance, & troubleshooting of elevator systems and components.
- Follows directions and maintains a safe operating environment.
- Ability to communicate equipment operating characteristics and deficiencies to engineering staff and propose new solutions.
- Good health to perform physical labor on a continuous repetitive basis. Includes walking, climbing, bending, lifting, twisting, turning, standing, and reaching.
- Work in adverse conditions for temperature & humidity
- Work in elevated operating areas and confined spaces
- Repetitively lift up to 50 lbs while installing/modifying elevator systems
- Applies attention to detail for planning and working in hoistways while complying with all Otis environmental, health, and safety requirements
- Ability to cut, modify, drill, install wood, steel, aluminum, and similar materials measured in both English and Metric units
- Ability to read equipment instructions, blueprints, installation drawings, and engineering instructions for mechanical and electrical installs
- Operate forklift, drill press, saws, bending brake, hand tools, and drive a vehicle under state/federal law and Otis procedures.
- Available to travel when required (less than 10% usually)
- Understands and can use MS Office for Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Welding qualified – desired
Available to work OT when required during the week and on weekends.
Desired - AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship (for Technical & Skilled positions only), or other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 4 years of experience working with elevators desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.