Service Sales Rep
Country:United States of America
Location:OT530: NQB - Landover, MD 5000 Philadelphia Way, Lanham, MD, 20706 USA
Are you upbeat? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? Do you have the ability and enthusiasm to build strong networks? If so, this job is for you! At Otis, we strive to offer unmatched service excellence. As a member of our high performing sales team, you will help us execute this vision by serving as a primary customer contact, guiding customer success, and improving their experience.
The primary focus of this position is selling OTIS Service and maintenance contracts in order to further develop sales territory. The Sales Representative will also retain current maintenance agreements through relationship building and customer service. The role will also serve as a consultant to customers by using technical product knowledge of elevator/escalator lines and specialized architectural knowledge.
- Manage existing accounts, promote and sell Otis products and service upgrades
- Build and maintain customer relationships, achieve or exceed sales objectives, and serve as technical consultant to customers
- Develop and rapidly grow the sales territory through cold calling and familiarity with local market conditions and competitor dynamics
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of elevators/escalators, and Otis products and service upgrades
- Provide estimates for all regular work and repair; understand service contracts in broad terms
- Monitor collection of accounts
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, team members, and Otis management
- Motivation to be successful in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with technical sales
- History of sales performance
- Degree in Engineering, Management, Marketing, or Business
- Elevator sales or industry experience is a plus
- Ability to build networks and collaborate in a team driven environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Ability to generate internal and external stakeholder interest
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety, and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.