Sales Trainee - Cincinnati, OH
Country:United States of America
Location:OT044: CFV - CINCINNATI, OH 2463 Crowne Point Drive, Sharonville, OH, 45241 USA
Otis Elevator is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Midwest Region of Otis Elevator is seeking candidates to start a sales career in our Account Management - Sales Trainee Program. Trainees will have development opportunities that consist of classroom instruction, as well as hands-on field learning.
You will shadow Account Managers, Field Supervisors, and Technicians to obtain business and industry knowledge as well as product training. Initially, trainees will perform product quality surveys of existing customers’ elevator and escalator equipment; schedule necessary field resources to ensure customer satisfaction, based on survey results; identify benefits to the customer as well as opportunities for the company to upgrade and replace products involved; work to improve current and develop new business relationships. Following success in the 3-6 month training program, you will be assigned a role as an Otis Account Manager with a portfolio of established customers in a defined geographic territory when available.
Our Account Managers are responsible for:
- Servicing existing accounts to ensure retention of business
- Selling Otis products and/or services upgrades
- Developing and expanding the sales territory through cold calling and familiarity with local market conditions and competitor dynamics
- Providing technical support to current and prospective customers
- Maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge of Otis products
- Monitoring and managing the collection of accounts.
Positions are available throughout the Midwest which encompasses Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky. Candidates should be geographically mobile and location flexible to help ensure a fit can be made between individual preference and business necessity/requirements.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s or advanced degree prior to start date.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior UTC/Otis internship a plus but not required
- Prior sales internship experience a plus but not required
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, team members, and Otis management is essential for this role. You should have the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, customer focused environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, project management, sales and leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software applications and familiarity with mainframe computer platforms are desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.