New Equipment/Construction Sales Trainee - Cincinnati, OH
Country:United States of America
Location:OT044: CFV - CINCINNATI, OH 2463 Crowne Point Drive, Sharonville, OH, 45241 USA
Otis is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are seeking a candidate interested in starting a sales career in our Construction/New Equipment - Sales Trainee Program. The trainee will have development opportunities that consist of classroom instruction, as well as hands-on field learning.
You will shadow the New Equipment Account Managers, Field Superintendents, and Technicians to obtain business and industry knowledge as well as product training. Initially, the trainee will take a leading role in the preparation and approval of order packages, co-ordination of the project design process and supporting the ordering of materials. This role also involves the control and co-ordination of site activities, material delivery, customer liaison and co-ordination of field employees and vendors, working in a safe manner by adhering to company safety procedures. Following success in the training program, you will be assigned a role as an Otis New Equipment Account Manager with a defined geographic territory.
Our New Equipment Sales Account Managers are responsible for:
- Estimating, bidding, and negotiating elevators and escalators for new installation projects.
- Providing effective sales presentations, basic elevator consultation and technical guidance to building owners, general contractors, architects, and consultants.
- Overseeing job details throughout sales process, including managing contract documents, creating approvals and layouts and tracking to completion.
- Implementing new equipment sales installation process by working directly with field management on projects and coordinating activities and information related to ordering and installation of Otis equipment.
- Monitoring collection of accounts.
Position requires 50% local travel to customer visits & industry-related events.
This trainee position will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
Preference in Construction Management, Engineering or related technical field
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong organizational, project management, sales and/or leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines, including general contractors and architects.
- Technical aptitude with ability to read/understand architectural drawings and specifications.
- Adaptable and able to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms