Associate Director, QualityBusiness Unit Otis Req ID 62768BR Date posted 03/13/2018 City West Palm Beach State Florida
Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE “green” escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Otis Americas has an opening for a Associate Director, Quality. This position will be responsible for leadership of all quality and ACE activities in the Otis Americas organization.
- Drive resolution of product quality issues to improve product installation and reliability in new equipment and service
- Support and improve process improvement for new equipment and modernization product and component change & development to prevent field turn backs and PUI’s (Product Upgrades and Improvements)
- Support and improve process improvements and product quality issues to reduce factory and field rework costs
- Coordinate and oversee efficient and timely closed loop execution of PUI’s
- Support and drive the usage of the ACE operating system
- Work with CLC’s (Contract Logistics Centers) on packaging, shipping, field installation manuals and field turn backs
- Lead problem solving and root cause analysis to improve critical field-related metrics and absolute performance
- Facilitate and schedule Passports as the Passport Champion
- Serve as the PSO(Product Safety Officer)
- Be a change agent to drive use of ACE in field locations both New Equipment and service
- Drive simplification and standardization across the organization in Key Business processes.facilitate & collaborate to resolution with WWE, WHQ, and Americas
- 7+ years field operations experience
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with wide variety of people with diverse backgrounds of all levels and disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as impactful presentation skills
- Project management / project lead experience
- Must be able to facilitate change
- Position will be located in Jupiter, FL. 50% travel, including willingness to travel throughout the Americas
- Four year degree in related field; Master's degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree with 8-10 years of progressive industry experience in Quality Management Systems; or Master's Degree with 6-8 years of progressive industry experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.